Monday, November 22, 2010

Ok so it has been a while, but I was waiting for Zachs ARD meeting to update everyone. So they did the eval over the last 12 weeks, it was a long process, but it is worth it, if it was rushed I think it would have been a disaster.
 Zach tested normal on paper, however when they did oral and observation he was defiantly Autistic, here is an example, on paper zach read a line something like this: Sue got a gift from Joe, is Joe a
                                                                                       a.friend
                                                                                       b enemy
                                                                                       c teacher
Zach picked a but when they asked him what is a friend he couldn't tell them, when they asked him who his friends were he gave 2 random names not even the boys he plays with. He lacks emotion, facial expressions ect. Zach has also learned to mask some of the Autistic traits from being bullied last year, however I recorded them at home so they could see what I see.

 In a nutshell zach falls on the spectrum and is getting the assistance he needs, the autism team has vowed to be by my side, and Terri is taking the time to personally walk us through Jr high and surviving it next year. I wont go into what he received, but I am pleased. I am just worn out, but if any one has questions please contact me at evans!.amber77@yahoo.com
Thanks and good night
Amber
                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment