Saturday, August 28, 2010

Random

 The first full week at Zach's new school was a success! He was happy, and loved his new school! I just hope that continues.

 Today was not as bright, Zach has a rat named Rufus that he loves very much, he went to her cage she had passed away in the night. He was beside himself all day, we have had a few breakdowns, and fits. As with any kiddo, this would effect them this way his just comes out more in anger and aggression.

 Part of the reason I started this blog was to help parents like myself who feel, they have no answers, and alone at times. I spoke to a friend and told her I would describe some of the warning signs that we know now are signs. Here are the things Zach does over the years that would have identified Aspergers sooner if we had know.
Rocking
Headbanging when he was upset
Spinning the wheels on the toy cars for hours
walking with a ridged gate
Lack of coordination
Speech problems
dyslexia
OCD ( this is a new development)
Strong obsessions or interests ( can speak about it like he has a phd in it)
Had twitching or tapping
Unaware of the social norms
Speaks loudly and rapidly when excited
gets bullied
wanders
doesn't respond to his name at all times
there are more and I probably just can't think of them right now I hope this helps.

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment