Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A New Day

  Well his new school seems to be going well, I know it is only 3 days in, but he is truly happy, and he is not all alone. He is making friends, i know of 2 for sure, one boy and one girl, of course he didn't go into detail, but I am happy none the less. That is the one thing that absolutely drives me nuts, I want to know what he likes so much, but he just does not elaborate, I have to pry and pry just to get more than "good" or "fine" when I ask him how his day went. One day at a time right, I guess I will take his word for it and move on.

 I discovered to day I am no longer alone either, I have been thrilled all day! I have been talking to a mom going through the exact same things, and her son is roughly the same age, I have someone to compare with, to learn with, and to vent to who understands 100% how I feel! I know I have friends that are there for me, great friends, but all anyone can do is listen, no one really knows what I am going through. I do have a couple of friends who have Asperger kids, but they do not live near me, and it would be nice to grab coffee, or go to the park, have play dates, and just not have to explain it all of the time. I now I have a fabulous husband, but it is still not like talking to another mother, not to mention Mike has to listen to me all of the time, so I will give him a break.

  I guess there is not much more to report, it has been a slow week,not much going on Zach has had a few minor melt downs, but really nothing too bad. His stems have been up a little this week, but I figure that is from the excitement of school starting. (for those of you who don't know stems they are a self stimulant that AS people when they are overstimulated, some flap, tap, hit, tap ect) I guess i am off to do laundry! Night all!

Love,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment